Police in Illinois say a gunman suspected of killing eight people in the city of Joliet, Illinois, has died after a confrontation with law enforcement officials.
Police said Romeo Nance, 23, is believed to have fatally shot himself after the confrontation near Natalia, Texas.
He is suspected of killing eight people at multiple locations in Joliet.
Seven of the victims were found in two nearby houses by police on Monday. The eighth was found earlier on Sunday.
The discovery of the bodies sparked a manhunt for the suspect, who authorities warned “should be regarded as armed and dangerous”.
In a statement, Joliet police department said Mr Nance was located by US Marshals near Natalia in the early hours of Tuesday.
Earlier, Joliet police chief Bill Evans told a news briefing that police were notified on Monday that several people had been found shot dead.
After arriving at the scene on West Acres Road, officers discovered seven bodies. Five were found in one house, and two in the other, It is believed they were all part of the same family.
The motive for the attack was not immediately clear, but the suspect is believed to have known the victims.

